Collaborating with front-line operators, we develop situation awareness solutions for user success.
By working directly with clients and expert level system end users, our research findings provide rich data for creating situation awareness designs, evaluating proposed concepts and understanding how to make complex decisions.
Our research projects include:
- Identification of situation awareness skills and attributes for high levels of expertise and performance
- Development of cognitive theoretical models and predictive computer models of situation awareness
- Integration of people and automation, intelligent agents, decision support systems and advanced information fusion
- Support for situation awareness in unmanned vehicles
- Tools for shared situation awareness and cognitive readiness in distributed and collaborative teams
- Challenges and opportunities for calibrating trust to provide appropriate automation usage in human-system teams